Is it fasting February time and you’re on a detox?.. But, you’re already craving some yummy treats? Well I have some good news… you might just be allowed to spoil yourself with some beautiful organic chocolate below.
It only uses natural sugar from organic dried fruit, beautiful coconut oil which is extremely good for you and full of yummy electrolytes; AND, it’s unprocessed and wheat and gluten-free! It does contain some caffeine in the cocoa but it’s natural and full of antioxidants and stimulates your feel-good endorphines bringing a smile to your face! 🙂
It’s called ‘breaking the rules without breaking the rules”… !
- 1 1/2 cups organic coconut oil
- 1 – 1.5 cups organic cocoa butter
- 1 cup organic cacao powder (or cocoa)
- 1/2 cup organic dates
- Pinch himalayan crystal salt or high quality sea salt
For a nuttier awesomeness, you can add approx. 1 cup of nuts, especially walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts and play around with the amount of cocoa butter depending on how creamy you like your chocolate.
These are rough ratios so have a play around and adjust them to your taste.
- Melt and blend cocoa butter with the coconut oil
- Blend (in a food processor) the butter & oil with the honey and cocoa powder
- For a great fruity kick, add frozen berries while mixing in the blender – until a slightly thick consistency is reached.
- Or, for a zest add orange peel or even vanilla extract
- Pour into dish/molds and put in the fridge or freezer.
- If you decide to set it in a dish, you can score the chocolate into desired sizes once the chocolate has hardened slightly.. approximately 25 mins!